“Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice. Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.” Psalm 51:8-12
David’s request to be sustained (thoroughly supported) with a willing spirit (a heart that is quick and ready to respond) could be viewed as a culmination of the Lord creating in him a clean heart, giving him an unwavering spirit of obedience, not grieving the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:30) and a renewal of his joy.
The Evidence of Being Sustained by the Lord with a Willing Spirit:
1. Remembering and rejoicing (vv.1-3) that the Lord:
2. Understanding foundational truths:
1. How does the reality of verses 5 and 11 lead to an “unspeakable obligation” on the part of those who have received mercy?
2. What lies do we most readily believe in our current culture?
3. How do we speak of the mercies of the Lord (Malachi 3:16)?
4. To whom should you speak within the next two weeks regarding the mercies of Jesus in their life?
Sunday, June 20, 2021 9:25 AM - 10:50 AM
CHILDREN'S WORSHIP NOTES
Thank you for joining us online! If you are new, we would love to connect with you! Please email your info to
The entire worship service will be posted later this week on our sermons page.