Ways To Help
We will no longer be collecting donations at the church in an effort to help with Mount Pleasant’s “Stay At Home” proclamation but there are still so many needs. We have two specific ways that you can continue to help us support our community at this time:
- You can send specific supplies directly to the community partners listed below, who are reaching out to the hurting and vulnerable during this time (priority needs are listed).
- You can send e-gift cards for places like Walmart/Target that we will use to purchase needed items for our community partners and/or distribute to people in need during this time. These gift cards will be used to meet tangible needs as they arise for those in our church and community. Please email gift cards and direct questions to Kristin.
Community Partners and Supply Needs
- Lowcountry Food Bank: Diapers and wipes
- East Cooper Community Outreach: Boxes of cereal, 1 lb bags of rice, laundry detergent, dish soap
- The Navigation Center: Large, black garbage bags, ground coffee, bottled water, toilet paper, paper towels
Another way to serve those around us is by writing letters, having your kids write notes or bible verses and sending those to grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. Also, the nursing homes in our community are asking for letters that they can give to their residents who are unable to have visitors right now and who feel lonely. Letters to the nursing homes must be mailed and cannot be hand delivered. If you’d like to make letters or write bible verses for these homes, contact Kristin for details of where to send them.